Everyone is finding it difficult to distinguish one day from the next, so I have decided to do a treat on Friday this week. Maybe we will still do a cake for Sunday's tea. Trina, my good friend reminded me of that wonderful tradition of keeping Sundays special. Having lunch in the middle of the day, almost always a roast and then for tea, some gorgeous cake and maybe some soda bread with homemade jam.
Had a few Pink Lady Apples roaming around in the fruit bowl, getting a little bit ragged looking, so I came up with this little beauty.
Apple & Almond Cake.
115 grms butter.
135 grms of sugar.
130 grms of s/r flour.
1 teaspoon cinnamon.
1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
Pinch of salt.
3 Pink Ladies ( 2 peeled & cubed ) 1 left with the peel on & sliced.
2 teaspoon dark brown sugar.
A handful of almonds.
Oven @ 190.
1. Whisk the butter & sugar together for 5 minutes.
2. Then add the eggs & the dry ingredients.
3. Give everything a good mix & fold in cubed apples.
4. Pour into lined clip form tin.
5. Place the apple slices and almonds around the top & sprinkle with brown sugar.
6. Pop into preheated oven for 40 minutes.